POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Show Button with a memory : Re: Show Button with a memory Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Show Button with a memory
From: Phil Cook
Date: 12 Mar 2004 11:23:55
Message: <opr4rbw8byp4ukzs@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:06:21 +0100, Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:

> In article <opr4q2e0eqp4ukzs@news.povray.org> , Phil Cook
> <phi### [at] nospamdeckingdealscouk>  wrote:

<snip>
>> I have two files open File1 and File2 I render them both in that order,
>> switch to edit File1 and hit show and of course the File2 image appears,
>> is there any way that POV-Ray can retain a memory that File1 has been
>> rendered and display *that* image as opposed to the last one. I wouldn't
>> expect it to last beyond the session, but a temporary memory would be
>> nice
>> IMHO instead of having to open an external imager to see the image or
>> re-render.
>>
>> I'm well prepared to be slapped down on this if the implementation is
>> horrendous or if it's some switch I've missed, but it was just a
>> thought.
>
> The Mac version displays as many images as you want, so which version are
> you talking about?  Windows or Linux or another one?

Oops sorry my bad, Windows, v3.5. 'Show' only displays the last rendered
file regardless of which file you're currently editing, multiple instances
of POV-ray show the last render as per each instance.

--
Phil

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.